Monday, September 27, 2010

Class So Far...

So far, class is pretty intersting. I like the fact that as a class, we all stay engaged in the conversations that take place. This would not be nearly as possible if we did not have our little table discussions. I believe this is because often times, individuals are afraid to vent their feelings or thoughts about a subject simply because they do not want to be shot down by saying something offensive, or something that may make them feel as if what they said was dumb or unnecessary. With our various mini group discussions, the classroom environment has become much more comfortable and home-like as we begin to build relationships with the individuals at our tables that we are constantly engaging in converstations with.

As for the learning theories, I am pretty much understanding everything pretty well. However, I find myself fumbling to remember what CLT stands for. As I am writing this, I can sit here and think of what the C acutally stands for (Constructivist), however, when put on the spot, it is not so simple. I do always eventually remember. It's crazy that I understand what it is and all, and yet I struggle to remember what the C stands for. Sad, but true.

1 comment:

  1. I also sometimes struggle with remembering what the C stands for in CVT. This forgetfulness can probably be explained by some of the learning theories. I don't know about you, but I never struggle with DLT, probably because this has become so familiar to us over the course of the past month that we are very comfortable with this. Also DLT was constructed in to our schemas early on. I still feel like I'm trying to tie the loose ends of CVT into my learning theory schema. Our paper about learning theories will probably help both of us.

    ReplyDelete